Detailed View: Xperia SP (B)
|21 Days To Healthy Eating||Night Owl Signals|
|Blueprint Pro||The Fat Loss Factor|
Unlocked Sony Mobile Xperia SP Smart Phone (Black) SpecsFeatures:
- Shipments Processed Mon-Fri
- Phone(s) Without Prices Are NOT AVAILIABLE.
- SIM Card(s) Are Not Sold Or Included Here
We can not guarantee that all of the descriptive information on this page is 100% correct.
DesignQuality precision craftsmanship
Xperia SP lifts craftsmanship to a whole new level. Using co-molding technology which allowed us to create a unique solid design, this NFC Android phone comes with a seamless look and feel that melts into ones hand. Paired with premium materials, Sony engineering and precision-crafted details, you'll get a smartphone that lets you experience true design innovation.Makes your personality shine through
The illuminating, color-changing belt makes your Android smartphone extra personal. It will notify you of everything from incoming calls and text messages to Facebook notifications. And when listening to music, the illumination will pulse to the beat, becoming more intense as you crank up the volume.Letting design take the lead
The Xperia SP was born out of a simple paper mockup and a strong vision of creating something truly unique. Our designers Jessie Zhao and Toshihide Umedan had a clear idea of crafting a smartphone where the display virtually floats in thin air. To be able to achieve this, we paired their design vision with our 60 years of Sony engineering experience. We created a transparent antenna and a body that was solid while retaining a floating feel. Then we focused on getting the right weight and shape - since balance and proportion is crucial for the overall user experience. Finally we chose the colors black, white and red, which complement the metal structure as well as the quality of each component.Premium design, outside and inside - Sony unified UI
Whether you're on a Sony smartphone or tablet, you'll meet a consistent user interface on your devices and in all your Sony Media apps.
DisplayTruly impressive viewing - HD Reality Display
Feel like you're there with the razor sharp and super bright HD screen. An HD phone, Xperia SP brings you one of the highest levels of screen resolution available - 720 progressive scan, for crisp pictures and no jagged edges. Expertise from our BRAVIA® TV engineers goes into our cell phone screens, to bring you the same quality you'd expect from a top quality HDTV. The 4.6" HD Reality Display provides razor sharp pictures - and superior brightness. And with the wide color gamut it gives you the widest color spectrum, so you can view every detail in vivid color.True Screen intelligence - Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2
The second generation of our acclaimed Mobile BRAVIA® Engine, Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2 delivers an even better viewing experience by adding new real-time contrast optimization to the sharpness enhancement, high-quality color management and noise reduction. Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2 is also able to analyze content type and adjust the image accordingly. Adding Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2 to the Reality Display makes for the most intelligent HD cell phone screen - one that adapts automatically to display your content in the best way.
- (1) Contrast enhancement
- Contrast in images and video is enhanced by making the darkest parts slightly darker, which brings out details in the picture.
- (2) Color Management
- Color saturation is increased for specified color ranges, which makes the colors deeper and more vivid. And the intelligent Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2 software reproduces skin color exactly as it appears to the naked eye.
- (3) Noise reduction
- Distortion and noise is reduced when streaming low-quality video from online sources, such as YouTube. Noise is reduced both to individual frames and between frames, for clearer viewing.
- (4) Sharpness filter
- Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2 applies a sharpness filter to increase the overall detail level in the image. This is done by enhancing the edges and contrast without increasing noise.
BRAVIA® engineers have discovered that we remember colours more vividly than they really are. That's the kind of knowledge they put into creating brilliant colours for our screens. Get a peek at this precision craftsmanship in the video.
CameraStunning shots in any light - 8 MP camera with Exmor RS™ for mobile
The 8 megapixel camera is built with the same modules as leading Sony cameras. Exmor RS™ for mobile is an evolution of our Sony image sensor technology, with a next-generation BSI light sensor. By adopting the technology of luminance and color noise reduction, we've created a smartphone that snaps highly detailed shots with low noise - even in challenging lighting conditions. You're now also able to reproduce objects in more vivid colors and capture night images and faces in stunning clarity.Natural colors even when backlit - HDR photos
HDR for photos captures natural colors in any light. HDR (High Dynamic Range) is an imaging technology used to capture clear photos against strong backlight. With HDR, this Bluetooth smartphone captures the same image at different exposure levels and layers them to create one optimized photo.Always the right setting - Superior Auto
With this HD phone it's always easy to get a great shot. Thanks to Superior Auto, you don't have to know the ins and outs of camera settings to make use of them. In Superior Auto mode, the camera combines Scene Recognition with high quality and high performance image processing technology (HDR and noise reduction) to automatically shoot with the optimal settings. And your device is automatically optimized for 36 different scenes, so you always get the best shot.Find your memories in no time - Super-fast pinch to zoom
Our intuitive scaling mechanism is unique to Sony and makes it easy to find the picture you're searching for in your album - quickly. Or search your personalized globe to find shots taken and tagged with specific locations.PlayMemories Online*
Upload pictures and videos from your Sony smartphone camera to PlayMemories Online. Then view your photos on any device - tablet, phone, computer, or BRAVIA® TV.
- * PlayMemories Online is not available in every market.
ConnectivityOne-touch functions from Sony
Sharing with friends and connecting your world has never been easier. Based on NFC (near field communication), our one-touch functions connect one device to another in a single tap. No wires, cables, or fiddling with settings necessary.One-touch mirroring
See photos from your phone on your TV. Simply touch your Bluetooth smartphone to the remote from your BRAVIA® TV to activate screen mirroring.One-touch backup
Whether you take pictures on your Xperia smartphone, tablet or camera, now you can store them in the same place. The Sony Personal Content Station™ is a wireless hub for photos and videos.One-touch listening
Play the music on your smartphone through a Bluetooth speaker or wireless headphones. Simply tap your smartphone on the speaker's NFC antenna to stream music.One-touch sharing
Share photos, music and more between two phones, or between your phone and an NFC-enabled laptop with a single touch onto the other device.From your smartphone to the big screen
Want to share your memories on the big screen? Or go from headphones to speakers? "Throw" content from your Bluetooth smartphone to your Wi-Fi-enabled TV through screen mirroring or DLNA, or send your tunes to a speaker via Bluetooth. Using "Throw", a smart application integrated into your Xperia apps, your smartphone finds the best way to wirelessly connect to other devices. With an MHL cable, you can also mirror your phone's full user interface on your TV and enjoy movies, games and more while charging.Smart Connect
Make your life simpler by setting up how your smartphone behaves when it connects to other devices. Open your music player when you connect your headphones, organize your Sony Android SmartWatch, or activate your alarm clock when your phone touches the charging dock. Smart Connect is the software that lets you manage all your smart accessories.SmartTags
Open Google maps automatically when you get in the car. Set your phone to vibrate mode at the office. Start your favorite playlist when you come home. NFC-enabled SmartTags trigger an action on your phone with a single touch.
BatterySignificantly improve battery life with Battery STAMINA Mode
Smartphones use a lot of power, even when you're not actively using them. All those apps that you have on your phone may still be running in the background, draining your battery. Battery STAMINA Mode saves you wasted battery drain. It recognizes when you're not using your display and automatically turns off the functions you don't need, while keeping the notifications you want. As soon as you press the power button to wake up your screen, everything is up and running again.Get only the important notices
With Battery STAMINA Mode, Wi-Fi and data traffic are disabled during standby, but you still receive incoming calls, texts, and alarms. And since everyone has different needs, you can easily customize which apps you want to receive push notifications from, even in standby mode. Facebook notifications on or off? It's up to you.
ProcessorLightning speed performance - Dual-core processor
We've matched the latest Sony software with the powerful Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S4 Pro processor. This dual core processor gives your HD phone top performance and speed without draining your battery - run multiple apps simultaneously, surf the web with no loading time, and stream videos without a break. The Snapdragon™ S4 Pro is asynchronous, which means each core is powered up and down independently. So you get the precise amount of power when you need it, without wasting power when you don't.
- Quick benefits:
- Super-fast performance
- Better battery life
- Improved multitasking
- 155 grams
- 5.47 oz
- 130.6 x 67.1 x 9.98 mm
- 5.14 x 2.64 x 0.39 inches
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.7 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S4 MSM8960Pro Dual Core
- On The Inside
- Display and Design
- 4.6", 1280 x 720 pixels, 16,777,216 color display
- Corning Gorilla glass
- Sony Mobile BRAVIA® Engine 2
- Screenshot capturing
- Capacitive touchscreen with on-screen QWERTY keyboard
- Glove mode
- Light effects
- Transparent / Aluminum frame
- Google Android 4.1 (Jelly Bean)
- 1.7 GHz Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ S4 MSM8960Pro Dual Core
- Up to 8 GB**
- Flash Memory
- Expansion Slot
- GPRS/EDGE 850, 900, 1800, 1900 MHz
- HSPA+ 850 (Band V), 900 (Band VIII), 2100 (Band I) Mhz
- HSPA+ 1700 (Band IV), 1900 (Band II) (not available in all markets)
- Bands 1, 2, 4 and 5 (not available in all markets)
- Bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8 and 20 (not available in all markets)
- Connectivity and Communication
- 3.5 mm audio jack (CTIA)
- Bluetooth 4.0 wireless technology
- DLNA Certified
- MHL Support
- Media Go
- Media Transfer Protocol support
- Micro USB support, USB charging and USB High speed 2.0 support
- Native USB tethering
- Screen mirroring
- Xperia Link
- Wi-Fi and WiFi Hotspot functionality
- WebKit web browser with Pan & zoom
- Synchronization via Exchange ActiveSync, Facebook, Google Sync and SyncML
- Camera and Video
- 8 megapixel camera with auto focus
- 16x digital zoom
- Sony Exmor RS™ for mobile image sensor
- HD video recording (1080p)
- Front-facing camera (VGA)
- Scene recognition, Face detection and Smile detection
- HDR for picture
- Sweep Panorama
- Flash - pulsed LED and photo light
- Superior auto
- BMP, GIF, JPEG, PNG
- 3GPP, MP4, MKV, MPEG2-TS, MPEG-4, WEBM
- 3GPP, MP4
- Image Playback, Supported Formats
- Image Capture, Supported Format
- Video Playback, Supported Formats
- Video Recording, Supported Formats
- Pre-loaded Applications
- Google Chrome*
- Google Play*
- Google Voice Search*
- Google Maps for Mobile with Street view and Latitude*
- PlayStation Certified
- Sony Entertainment Network (selected markets only)
- Video streaming
- TV launcher
- Motions gaming
- 3D games
- FM Radio with RDS
- xLoud Experience - audio filter technology from Sony
- "WALKMAN" application
- TrackID music recognition*
- 3D surround sound
- Clear bass, Clear stereo and Clear Phase
- Bluetooth stereo (A2DP)
- MP3, AVI, 3GPP, MP4, MKV, MPEG-TS, SMF, WAV, Ogg vorbis, FLAC
- 3GPP, MP4, AMR
- Audio Playback, Supported Formats
- Audio Recording, Supported Formats
|Battery Type||Network||Talk Time||Standby Time|
|Li-Ion 1750 mAh||(2G)||Up to 8 hrs 30 min||Up to 498 hrs|
|Li-Ion 1750 mAh||(3G)||Up to 9 hrs||Up to 454 hrs|
|Li-Ion 1750 mAh||-||Music aprox 43 hrs***||-|
|Li-Ion 1750 mAh||-||Video aprox 7 hrs 36 mins***||-|
Mega Bass™, Memory Stick Duo™, Memory Stick PRO Duo™, Memory Stick Micro™, M2™ and Xperia™ are trademarks of Sony Corporation.
* This feature is not available in all markets
** Memory comprises of approximate 2 GB firmware and 5.5 GB "Internal storage" for music, pictures and movies, and downloaded applications and their data.
*** Values are according to GSM Association Battery Life Measurement Technique. Battery performance may vary depending on network conditions and configurations, and phone usage.
Copyright © 2013 Sony Mobile Communications AB. All rights reserved